Atorvastatin K: instructions for use, indications, price
The medicine "Atorvastatin K" is a drug designed to normalize the level of cholesterol in the blood. The active ingredient is atorvastatin calcium trihydrate. When used in strict accordance with the instructions in patients with a decrease in the concentration of LDL in the blood, a decrease in total cholesterol.
Indications and instructions for use
All drugs from the group of statins, including "Atorvastatin K", are prescribed to patients who have been diagnosed with the following diseases:
- primary hypercholesterolemia;
- combined hyperlipidemia;
- hereditary endogenous hypertriglyceridemia;
- homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia (if diet and other methods of treatment and prevention do not give positive results).
The drug should be taken on the background of a diet.From the patient's diet exclude fatty and canned foods, smoked meats, sweets. The dosage of "Atorvastatin K" is chosen individually for each patient. Begin with a standard dose of 10 mg / day. If the effect of the medication is insufficient after two weeks, the dosage is adjusted. The maximum dose for adult patients is 80 mg / day.
While taking statins, patients may develop side effects. Most often, patients complain of the following symptoms:
- headaches, insomnia, dizziness, nightmares;
- anxiety, depression, loss of consciousness;
- tinnitus, increased intraocular pressure, changes in taste;
- chest pain, tachycardia, arrhythmia, increased blood pressure;
- bronchitis, nasal bleeding, exacerbation of asthma;
- nausea, vomiting, heartburn, problems with defecation, stomach pain;
- weight gain, aggravation of gout.
Some patients may experience muscle weakness, cramps, swelling. Sometimes the use of "Atorvastatin K" is accompanied by allergic reactions - skin itching and rash, contact dermatitis, angioedema.
The drug has a number of contraindications.Atorvastatin K can not be used for liver diseases in the active stage, during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. Do not prescribe the drug to patients under the age of 18 years, women of reproductive age. Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug is also an absolute contraindication.
The price of the drug and analogues
The cost of one package of "Atorvastatin K" - from 53 to 670 rubles. Such a fork in prices is determined by the dosage of the active substance, the number of tablets per pack, the brand, and also the markups of pharmacy chains. Sometimes doctors prescribe drug analogues to patients. The most popular of the group of statins are "Atomaks", "Atorvastatin-nanolek", "Atoris", "Duplekor" and others.
Fashionable highlight on blonde hair
Veal Recipes in the Oven
How to check a girl
Where is Smolensk
Emilia Clark told what to do after the Game of Thrones
Postcard Happy Birthday (Quilling)
Borreliosis: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment