Do I need to register a rental agreement?
Currently, rental properties are extremely popular. Consider whether you need to register the lease with the relevant services.
Registration of the lease agreement
According to Article 651 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, a lease agreement may be concluded in simple written form. At the same time, it does not matter who signs it and for how long this agreement is intended. State registration, which makes a contract legal, is not always required. Its necessity is determined by the type of object, as well as the lease term.
The following types of contracts are subject to mandatory registration:
- Leases of residential premises and land plots by legal entities, and the lease term does not matter.
- Leases of buildings, non-residential premises, as well as other structures that have been signed for at least 1 year.
- Leases of enterprises, regardless of the period for which it is concluded.
- Sub-lease agreements to which one of the above rules applies.
Transactions with real estate and the determination of the rights to it are carried out by federal and territorial bodies in the field of state registration.
Parties that have entered into an agreement and wish to register it must submit to the federal authority such a package of documents:
- Application for registration.
- Properly executed lease agreement, presented in two original copies.
- If necessary - a cadastral passport of non-residential premises, containing information about the size of the area to be leased.
The grounds for refusal to register a transaction are governed by 131 articles of the Civil Code, as well as by a special law on the registration of rights to real estate.
Now you know in which case the registration of the lease agreement is obligatory and which departments execute it.
Publications by Daniil Nechayev
5 types of men on the Internet who need to otshit
How to get a light bulb out of your mouth
How to gather people
What is tiramisu
How to become an adventurer
What is online