Features cooking traditional uzvara
To quench your thirst, it is better to use healthy and hand-made drinks. One of them is the uzvār, which not only has an excellent taste, but also bears in itself a favor.
What is it, how is it useful?
Uzvar or Swazar is a traditional drink of the cuisine of the Slavic peoples, which is usually prepared from dried fruits and dried berries. The name comes from the word "brew", so heat treatment should be minimal: the components either boil for just a few minutes, or simply boiled over and infused. Also, the composition may include honey. Previously, herbs and wine supplements were used for cooking, but today such options are extremely rare.
How useful is the Uzvar? Its properties are determined by the constituent components. So, dried apricots nourish the heart muscle and protect against heart attacks, prunes normalize digestion and relieve constipation, dried apples contain iron and increase hemoglobin levels,and the berries are rich in immune-enhancing vitamin C and antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and prevent the development of cancer. Uzvar is also considered an effective natural diuretic and perfectly quenches thirst, and also gives a boost of energy, since all components contain carbohydrates.
It is interesting that the Uzvar is considered more useful than compotes and fruit drinks, as the concentration of nutrients in dried berries and fruits is higher, and most of them are preserved due to gentle heat treatment.
How to make delicious?
How to cook traditional uzvar? We offer several options.
From dried apricots and raisins
To prepare a useful snack from dried fruits, prepare:
- a glass of raisins;
- a glass of dried apricots;
- 2.5-3 liters of water.
- First, dried apricots with raisins should be thoroughly rinsed in hot water to remove all contaminants.
- Next, place the dried fruits in a container in which the drink will infuse.
- Bring water to a boil. Pour boiling water over raisins and dried apricots, cover the pan with a lid and leave to cool and leave for several hours.
Tip: Sugar can be added if desired, but then the knot will turn out to be less useful.
Of dried apples with honey
To make a drink with this recipe you will need:
- 500 g dried apples;
- 3-4 liters of clean water;
- half a glass of natural honey.
Description of the cooking process:
- Rinse the apples well.
- Pour water into the pot. When it boils, add apples.
- After boiling, wait a couple of minutes and turn off the fire.
- When the drink has cooled, add the honey and mix it thoroughly.
- Insist on uzvar all night.
The following components will be required:
- a full glass of dried rose hips;
- liter of water;
- half a lemon;
- honey to taste.
- Wash berries, put in a saucepan and pour boiling water over it.
- After boiling boil dogrose literally a minute.
- When the drink has cooled, add lemon juice and honey to it.
Tip: you can add rosehip hawthorn fruits.
Some useful tips:
- If the recipe involves pouring dried fruit with boiling water, then they can be soaked in warm water for several hours or all night so that they become softer.This liquid can not drain, and add to the drink: it certainly will remain a lot of useful.
- Use high-quality and sweet enough dried berries and fruits to make uzvar tasty and nutritious.
- Try experimenting with the composition and include different ingredients in it: dried apricots, hawthorn or wild rose fruits, raisins, dried pears or apples, prunes, dates, figs. You can also complement the taste and aroma of herbs, for example, fragrant mint or melissa. And if you like spicy drinks, then use citrus peel and spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves.
- The longer the uzwar is infused, the richer and tastier it will be.
- You can strain the finished uzvar, but the dried fruits will remain tasty, so you can safely eat them.
If you do not know how to quench your thirst nicely and usefully, then prepare a uzvar!
How to wash the tonsils
What is he, a man-Scorpio
Foil and thread spider
Which is better: PS3 or Xbox 360