How to assemble a bike?
Watch the video
Now the choice of bikes on the market is truly huge. In addition to a large selection of manufacturers, everyone can choose their own bike model in accordance with their personal preferences and driving style. Road, tourist, highway, track, mountain - what kinds just do not! About 80-90% of all bicycles supplied from manufacturers, are on sale already in the finished factory assembly. However, some prefer to assemble a bicycle with their own hands. In this article we will talk about how to properly assemble a bike.
Pros and cons of self-assembly bike
- By purchasing a finished bike, you know in advance how it looks, you can �touch� it, sit on it and take a little ride. If you collect the bike yourself, you do it at your own peril and risk, not knowing fully what kind of beast you end up with;
- You will often have to go to the store for parts. Even if you go through the entire Internet in advance and write a list of all the components you need, the chances that they will all be available, and even in one store, are few.We will say more: it is unlikely that you yourself will be able to foresee in advance all the details necessary for the assembly up to the last screw. So be prepared for the fact that soon you will become a frequent customer of bicycle spare parts stores, and sellers will recognize you during frequent visits;
- You will lose a lot of time. In addition to the long shopping and even longer waiting for the delivery of spare parts ordered by you, you also need a lot of time to assemble and study the instructions on high-quality parts fastening. We will try to help a little by telling you later in this article how to assemble a bicycle.
- Cost Oddly enough, buying a bike in practice turns out to be much cheaper than collecting it.
- The most common reason why people decide to take on the bicycle assembly themselves is the dissatisfaction with the available equipment. By assembling the bike yourself, you decide which components of the manufacturer to use and what you want to see on your bike.
- Ability to upgrade. Completion of most bicycles in the factory assembly does not provide for any changes in the design of the bike in the future. With self-assembly, you can do it.
- Complete freedom of choice: what they wanted, then bought. Wanted to make the bike easy - bought the lightest parts. I didn�t like it - they replaced it with something heavier and skated for fun.
If you are eager to start building your bike, or in the only store in the city you cannot be offered a single bike that suits your needs, feel free to tackle the bike with your own hands.
How to pick up the details of the bike?
Spare parts for a bicycle are selected depending on preferences, but there is one rule: it is necessary to start from the frame, since this is the main part on which the other nodes will be mounted. Particular attention should be paid to the geometry and type of alloy of this part: for mountain and high-speed bicycles, you should take alloys of titanium or steel to increase the wear resistance of the "iron horse".
There are two types of bicycle forks - depreciation and hard. For high speeddriving on the highway choose the second type, for mountain travel - the first for partial absorption of energy of blows during maneuvers.
The choice of brakes should also be taken responsibly.V-brake brakes are put on recreational bikes - the lightness of the design and low cost determine the popularity of choice. For more complex maneuvers, it is worth choosing hydraulic brakes to better feel the bike.
In choosing the steering wheel, again, you should start from the goals for which the bike will be used. The descending wheel with curved handles is suitable for high-speed trips, when there is a real need to change the grip during aerodynamic maneuvers. For a high landing, you should use an upward steering wheel.
Instructions for assembling a bike
To build a bike, we need:
- a set of star keys;
- carob keys;
- pedal key;
- cross and flat (slotted) screwdrivers;
Bike assembly process:
- Carefully cut and unpack the wheels and the seat rackbicycle.
- Insert the seatpost into the seatpost of the bike frame and tighten the strap.
- Use a 4 mm Allen key to tighten the handlebars to the frame tightly. Use all 4 bolts for tight fit. They should be tightened evenly. Adjust the steering angle to suit yourself.
- Place the rear brake cable cover in the holder. Pull on the rear brake pedal and make sure that the end of the rear parking brake cable is in place. Place the front brake cable jacket into the holder near the bike�s brake pads and pull the brake cable into it.
- Apply some grease to the eccentric. Screw the eccentric shaft. Tighten the cones of the sleeves so as not to drag the bearings. Check outDoes anything interfere with the rotation of the wheel. Install the front wheel in the center of the fork and close the retaining clips of the wheel mount.
- By analogy, install the rear wheel and check the tire pressure. Recommendations are listed on the side of the tires.
- Lubricate the threads of the bicycle pedals. Screw the pedal to the connecting rod. Watch carefully and do not confuse the pedals in some places. The right pedal is twisted clockwise, and the left - counterclockwise.
- Slide the cable from the front brake through the shell and secure it in the space provided for it with a 5 mm hexagon. Tighten the bolt fortight fixation. Note: It is recommended to leave a small margin of cable length, as you may need to adjust the front brake again in the future.
- Adjust the position of the brake pads.Make sure that they are parallel to the braking surface and tightly pressed against it when braking. Similarly, adjust the rear brake.
- Adjust the transmission of the bike: front and rear gear selector. To do this, use the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Using a 5 mm hex key, adjust the height of the saddle and its angle of inclination.
- Adjust the steering column. The wheel should rotate freely. Remember that there should be no backlash, otherwise the bike will deteriorate over time. Such damage is not covered by warranty.
- After you adjust the steering wheel, tighten the locking bolts tightly in place.
At the assembly of the bike is over. Another previously not mentioned advantage of self-assembly of a bicycle is that now you know it far and wide and in case of any breakage you will be able to independently find out and eliminate its cause. Agree that to find a good master, who will not be afraid to entrust the repair of his iron horse, is not so easy. Doing it yourself is, of course, not much easier, but at least you can be sure that the work is done qualitatively, taking into account all your physiological features.
Are there professions related to migration to a specific country?
How to install World of Tanks
How to get a light bulb out of your mouth
What to give for Valentine's Day. 30 Ideas