How to change the label?
A shortcut is a special icon with which you can quickly access the desired object: a file, folder, or Internet page. In this case, the label can be moved and modified at the request of the user. How to create this element can be found in our article: How to make a label.
How to change the label view
Change the shortcuts on the desktop for each user. The first thing you can do is rename them. To do this, simply click on the shortcut with the right mouse button and in the appeared window select the item “Rename”. Then enter the desired name and press Enter.
Then you can change the appearance of the icon itself:
- click on the object of interest with the right mouse button;
- select the item “Properties” from the menu;
- in the opened window, find the tab “Shortcut” or “Settings”;
- press the button “Change icon”;
- select the desired image from the offered list or through the “Browse” find your folder with the downloaded icons and select the one you like among them.
Also, many people do not like the arrows on the shortcut icon, they can be quite simply deleted. This operation is performed through editing the registry.The sequence of actions should be as follows: “Start” -> “Run” -> type “regedit” -> OK. In the expanded document, open the following path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Explorer -> Shell Icons
If “Shell Icons” is not in the “Explorer” section, then it must be created: click on “Explorer” with the right mouse button -> select “New” - “Section” -> type Shell Icons -> Enter. Next, in the right window, click on an empty place, from the context menu select “Create” -> “String parameter”, enter the name 29.
Then right-click on the parameter 29 and select “Change” in the context menu, then enter the value% windir% \ System32 \ shell32.dll, -50 or replace it with the existing one. The changes will take effect after the computer is restarted.
How to change label size
Of course, not everyone understands why you need to change the size of the labels, so how to do this, many do not even think. However, often when changing the operating system shortcuts appear unusually large. In addition, over time, the desktop is cluttered, and there is not enough space to accommodate new objects.
In such situations, you involuntarily begin to wonder how to change the size of the labels.Although in the second case it is better to find some time and clean up the desktop. Nevertheless, it is possible to distinguish 2 ways that allow you to quickly change the size of objects:
- on the keyboard, hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel forward to increase the size of shortcuts, and to decrease - back;
- call the context menu by right-clicking on an empty area of the desktop has become. In the list that opens, hover the mouse over the “View” item, then click on the desired option: “Large icons”, “Normal icons” or “Small icons”.
For more information on resizing a label, see our article: How to make labels smaller.
How to change label properties
Each label is assigned a specific set of standard settings. However, any user can change them through the properties window. To do this, right-click on the desired shortcut and select the “Properties” item in the context menu that appears. The shortcut settings window will open.
Depending on the version of the operating system, the number of tabs in this window can be either three or seven. In most cases, change the settings tab "Shortcut":
- “Object” - in this field you can see the path to the file in the system;
- “Window” - in the drop-down list, you can change the type of program on the screen at the time of opening;
- “File location” - when you click this button, a window opens where the file attached to the shortcut is stored;
- “Change icon” - this button is intended to change the image of an object;
- “Advanced” - in this window you can change the name of the user on whose behalf the file is opened.
In addition, in the “Security” tab you can differentiate the access rights of different users, “Previous Versions” - return the previous version of the file, “General” - edit the folder attributes: hide the object or restrict the ability to edit.
Why does silver turn black
Gisele Bundchen told how Tom Brady made her an offer
When will be halloween
What signs of the zodiac often change: how and with whom
Slate - a trendy accent in the interior
How to cook asparagus