How to choose a switch?
For a long time, the switch was considered solely as a functional element of the interior. That is why no one tried to choose them. People believed that the more visible the switch, the better. With the variety of switches that came into being, their choice became different. But how to choose a switch? We will tell you about this in this article.
There are several ways to mount the switch wiring:
- Screw. They are intended for aluminum wiring. This wiring tends to deform, heat up and, in some cases, sparkle. To use such devices, you only need to tighten the screw that holds the aluminum wire so that the switch can work again;
- Screwless They are intended for copper wiring (such wiring is put in new buildings). Here you can buy switches with a screwless clamp (at the terminals).
Choosing a switch, it is also necessary to find out what type of wires are installed in the building (hidden or open wiring). Depending on this:
- If the wiring is open (this is preserved in village houses and "Stalin"), then you need to take the switch type overhead.
- If the wiring is hidden, you can install switches with a box that is installed in the wall. And already to such a box, with the help of screws, the case of the switch itself is attached.
Also, there are single-key, two-key, three-key and so on switches. For example, in the assortment of a number of American and Asian firms there are six-key models of switches available. Experts believe that you should not put switches with a large number of keys, as this may adversely affect their correct operation.
By functionality, the switches are divided into:
- Control, also called indicator.
Also, when choosing a switch, you must carefully look at how the moving parts in these devices move (except for switches controlled by the remote control). These elements of the switch must move freely, while not dangling.
Today is important the appearance of the switches.For example, there are switches that have a multi-colored interchangeable frame. It can be matched to the color of your walls. There are also models in which there is an illumination of keys. Such switches will work as a beacon at night. It is important to purchase switches from proven manufacturers.
Before purchasing a switch, you need to know how much power it can withstand. If the switch is not designed for the power that you have, then it can quickly break. To prevent this, buy switches with a small margin of power. Now you know how to choose a circuit breaker.
Is chocolate harmful
What foods to exclude to lose weight
How to cook a zebra
Rag doll Snow Maiden
Why do I need chondroitin
The right choice of watches for men and women
Where to find the ester