How to clean the carburetor?
Dirt has always been the most fierce enemy of the carburetor, no matter how it got there: either with the air flow, or with the fuel. It is the dirt that does not allow the normal mixing of fuel and air, which adversely affects the operation of the engine. Before you clean the carburetor, it does not hurt to make sure that it is he who is the cause of poor engine performance.
Determine the fault
Experienced sound drivers determine how well the carburetor works. If you do not have such skills, you can resort to using a gas analyzer. If this is not available to you, then unscrew the spark plug. Its gray-brown color is considered normal and indicates the correct operation of the carburetor. A darker color or its “wet” state indicates an excess of fuel in the working mixture and a small amount of air. And finally, the lighter shade of the glow plug signals the reverse process - a small amount of fuel and excess air.
Making sure that the issue is not solved in any way, except how to clean the carburetor, let's get down to business. If you have never disassembled the carburetor, then it is better to have on hand instructions for disassembling this unit. It is important to have rags not terry, so as not to leave behind a thread. The carburetor cleaner in the store should be bought along with long gloves to protect your hands. Compressed air can be replaced by a nozzle to the pump. And a container under the solvent, toothpicks and old clothes. We assume that there are wrenches and goggles in your garage. Getting Started:
- Remove the air filter cover. Do not hurry. Small gadget and cogs have the insidious habit of falling into the carburetor mixing chambers, and then the cylinder. Then it is possible to correct the situation only by removing the cylinder head.
- Similarly, remove the carburetor top attached on five bolts. Pre-mixing chambers can be plugged with a rag and prevent foreign objects from getting into them. Take care of disconnecting the fuel line and starting thrust.
- A float with a needle remained on the top of the carburetor, and we proceed to unscrewing its bottom. Pay attention to the gasket between these parts of the carburetor.In case of unsatisfactory condition, replace it with a new one.
- Having unscrewed the four nuts of the lower part, carefully remove the remaining part of the carburetor with the gasket.
- Disassemble both parts of the carburetor according to the instructions for car care. Pay special attention to removing all non-metallic parts from the carburetor.
- Clean the carburetor (or other solvent) in a previously prepared container.
- Put all the parts of the carburetor, consisting of metal, and give them an exposure of at least 60 minutes. After you can do the cleaning of parts of muddy mud.
- After cleaning, dry everything and blow it with compressed air. Particularly thoroughly flush the carburetor holes and valves.
What should not be done?
- In no case can not pick out the dirt from the holes and valves with needles and wires. For this there is air. Toothpicks and those used to clean the grooves, but not jets.
- Do not allow solvent to come into contact with non-metallic parts. It can deform them and lead to disrepair.
- Do not fall for all sorts of "tips" how to clean the carburetor: throw wires 2 and 3 cylinders and clean the carburetor, ensuring the explosion of the working mixture before. Save the engine of your car, and it will serve you.
Brownie with curd and cherry
Can I get pregnant during pregnancy
All the places in which Prince Harry lived from birth to today
A useful start to the day: a mathematical test for training the mind
How to install World of Tanks
Ideas for chic oriental dance costumes
Tool for unscrewing caps on cans
Kate Upton has become the sexiest girl on the planet