How to cure sinusitis at home?
If the nose is not breathing, then it certainly will not go unnoticed. And if pain also joins congestion, then it is necessary to act immediately. Probably, we are talking about sinus, which is not only unpleasant, but also dangerous consequences. And how to treat this disease at home?
What it is?
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the maxillary (they are called maxillary) sinuses of the nose. If one sinus is affected, then they are talking about unilateral sinus, and if both are at once, they are talking about bilateral.
There are several classifications of this disease. For example, based on the cause of the development of the disease, we can distinguish the following types:
- allergic sinusitis develops as a result of allergies;
- bacterial due to bacterial activity;
- traumatic is the result of injury or damage (fractures, dislocations, and so on);
- viral caused by ingestion of viruses;
- fungal develops due to the activity of fungi.
The shape of the flow distinguish between acute and chronic sinusitis. The first is pronounced and has obvious symptoms. Chronic can also go sluggishly, but sometimes there is an aggravation.
If the classification is based on the characteristics of symptoms, then it is possible to distinguish:
- Catarrhal sinusitis is characterized by swelling. There are practically no allocations.
- Purulent form involves the release of pus.
- When exudative form selection abundant, thick and viscous, they smell unpleasant.
- Serous antritis is complicated by the spread of inflammation, as well as pathological secretions.
- In the polypoid form, the mucous membrane of the nasal sinuses may expand, and polyps form on it.
- Atrophic form is characterized by impaired activity of the mucous glands, which leads to the cessation of mucus secretion and drying of the mucous membrane.
- Hyperplastic sinusitis leads to the fact that the sinuses are strongly narrowed, the lumen is reduced, and this greatly complicates breathing.
It is worth noting that the disease can develop in almost all people: adults and children, adolescents and even during pregnancy.
What are the causes of this disease? They can be very diverse:
- Often the illness develops on the background of acute respiratory infections or acute respiratory viral infections, especially if treatment is absent or ineffective (then the infection rises up into the maxillary sinuses).
- Diseases of the teeth can also lead to the spread of inflammation in the nasal sinuses.
- Diseases of the mouth, nose or pharynx: tonsillitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis, adenoiditis, and so on.
- Runny nose If the nasal cavity is not cleaned and does not eliminate the causes of a runny nose, it can lead to undesirable consequences.
- Sinus occlusion, for example, due to the presence of foreign objects in the nose.
- Injuries that lead to a narrowing of the lumen of the sinuses or their complete blockage.
- Hypothermia, especially systematic.
- Congenital abnormalities of the structure of the nose (curvature of the septum).
- Poor immunity.
- Allergy in history.
Signs of sinusitis is difficult not to notice, because the nose is the organ that we “use” all the time. But still, in some cases, sinusitis can be confused with the common cold or cold.
Let's list the characteristic symptoms:
- Nasal congestion.It is impossible to breathe, because of what constantly it is necessary to use vasoconstrictive drops.
- The voice becomes hoarse, the person speaks "in a nose".
- Often there are headaches, especially in the forehead.
- In the upper part of the nose (near the nose) there may be a feeling of heaviness, distention. This sensation can spread to the eye sockets, cheeks and forehead.
- The sense of smell is broken, smells are caught with difficulty.
- The nose is constantly forming discharge. They can be yellow, gray or even green. Sometimes they emit an unpleasant smell.
- The nose, nose and cheeks may swell. In these areas, redness is often observed, the skin becomes hot.
- In some cases, eyes may suffer. Tearing increases, photophobia occurs, the eyelids become swollen.
- In acute form, the temperature rises (up to 38-39 degrees), the increase is accompanied by chills or fever.
- Also, overall well-being may worsen.
Is it dangerous?
Pain is not the most terrible, the more dangerous the consequences of sinusitis. It would seem that could happen? But everything is not so simple. The fact is that if you do not take any measures, the inflammation can easily spread to nearby tissues. Suffer may, for example, eye sockets, and this is a threat to vision.
Nerves can be damaged, which is extremely unpleasant.The teeth are also nearby, so that they will be affected. But the worst thing is that the infection can penetrate into the meninges, which threatens them with inflammation - meningitis. And this disease is deadly and can make a person disabled.
If you suspect you have sinusitis, be sure to go to the doctor. He will prescribe an x-ray. In the picture with inflammation in the region of the maxillary sinuses there will be a blackout, which will allow to make a diagnosis.
How to treat?
So how to eliminate sinusitis of the nose? In severe cases, punctures of the sinuses are shown. But in order not to bring this up, one should immediately begin treatment at home. But before that, by all means, show yourself to the doctor and follow his recommendations.
Here is what you can do:
- To clear the sinuses from secretions, you need to wash them. To do this, you can use special drops based on seawater or saline (for example, "Aqualor" or "Aquamaris"). But you can do otherwise. Take a glass of clean warm (preferably filtered) water and dissolve a tablespoon of soda in it, stirring well. You will need a regular large syringe (for example, 10 mm) without a needle. Type liquid in it, lean over the sink with one side of the head.In one nostril (located above) begin to pour the contents of the syringe. It will flow from the other nostril, dragging the contents of the sinuses.
- To relieve swelling and accelerate mucus discharge, you can use vasoconstrictor drops containing the same sea water or other antiseptic components: Otrivin, Nasol, Rinofluimucil, and others. It is desirable that the tool also in the composition had natural oils that will moisturize the nasal mucosa and protect it from drying out.
- Antibiotics may also be used. It is best to take the means of a new generation, shown to be used specifically for the treatment of sinusitis. Thus, drugs for oral administration include such as Cefalosporin, Augmetin, Azithromycin, and others. But you can also choose local products produced in the form of sprays or drops: “Zofra”, “Bioparox”.
- If antritis is allergic, the doctor will prescribe antihistamine medication.
- Possible treatment of folk remedies. So, you can use rosehip or tea tree oil, digging it into each nasal passage about 5-7 times a day.This home remedy has antiseptic effect and relieves inflammation. Help inhalation using propolis. Pour water into a saucepan, bring it to a boil, then pour a teaspoon of propolis alcohol tincture (30%). Breathe over the pan, inhaling the steam.
- With an increase in temperature or with headaches, you can take "Analgin" or, for example, "Nurofen".
How not to bring to sinusitis? Follow the simple rules:
- Avoid hypothermia.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Remember that even a simple runny nose requires treatment. And colds especially need to be treated on time and to the end. If your teeth or throat ache, also contact your doctor immediately.
- Do not forget about the rules of oral hygiene!
- Regularly clean your nose (especially after a night's sleep).
Be healthy and breathe easy!
How to become a student
How to get an appointment with a doctor if there is no registration
The guy and his favorite dog are very similar to each other. Charming portraits of two friends
Learning to wear a stylish cardigan (13 photos)
How to calculate the correlation coefficient