How to draw Cupid
Cupid is the ancient Roman god of love, responsible for the continuation of the human race. Initially, he was portrayed as a young man of unearthly beauty who accompanied Aphrodite, but later he diminished much in height and became “younger”, turning into a charming full-bodied little angel. In his hands he holds a bow, behind his shoulders - a quiver with magic arrows that pierce the hearts of men and women with love. But it's not enough just to imagine what this picturesque character looks like, you still have to be able to draw it.
If you do not have art education - it does not matter! It is enough to understand that the basis of any pattern, even the most complex, are simple shapes - circles, ovals, triangles, squares. If you can draw an oval by hand, then you certainly will draw a boy-cupid!
It is best to make a sketch with a simple hard or hard-soft pencil, not pressing them hard on the paper. Practice on “drafts” before transferring the image to a postcard or poster.
To decorate Cupid, it is better to use paints with which you can work or are easy to handle (gouache, acrylic, colored pencils). Do not forget to erase all auxiliary and extra lines before painting!
How to draw cupid in stages
Now you make sure that drawing a cupid is not so difficult! Just a couple of hours of practice, and you will get the perfect cute angel for Valentine's Day.
Stages of drawing:
- Mark the most even circle and face lines for the nose and eyes. The character will be quite chubby, so the circle should be as smooth as possible.
- Under the head, draw a circle, cut from the top by almost half. It should turn out slightly deformed oval with a more rounded lower part. This will be the body of the future Cupid.
- With the help of smaller ovals make sketches for hands. The arm consists of three parts: shoulder, forearm and hand. Each of them should be displayed as a corresponding oval, as shown in the image below.
- The same must be done with the legs of the character. Leg ovals should be slightly larger, buttocks more caviar, respectively.
- Begin to draw the facial features, as shown in the figure: the nose with a "button", large eyes, a slight smile and a lot of curls. Draw the cheeks and chin, guided by auxiliary lines.
- Circle the body along the contour, adding details and bends: knees, buttocks, elbows. Draw your fingers, heels and draw simple wings, as shown in the image below. Onions can be made in the form of an ordinary arc or as an example.
- It remains only to erase the auxiliary lines and decorate Cupid!
Helpful hint: do not use bright "screaming" colors - the pattern should be light and gentle. For this, pastel or colored pencils are best.
You can change the pose of your angel, as you like, you just need to correctly position the auxiliary ovals of the arms and legs. In order to “spur” your fantasy, we suggest practicing different examples and drawing Cupid on February 14 in one of the pictures below.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in drawing a Cupid for February 14! Even the most complex works of academic painting are based on elementary forms, and the understanding of this can reveal stunning in each of us.talents.
The woman is better than men
What movie to watch with a guy
The hosts make the dogs and cats a manicure, like their own
How to stick a protective film on the smartphone XIaomi