How to get rid of the smell in a washing machine
In the washing machines for the period of their long-term use, odors appear. This phenomenon does not affect the serviceability of equipment. The appearance of foreign aromas after washing is inevitable. If you do not deal with this phenomenon, then things that have been in the washing machine, soak through and through with the stench.
Safety precautions and precautions
First of all, contact the service of technical support equipment. On the case of the car glued telephone hotline. If such information is not outside, then you can specify the numbers in the warranty card. Possible failure of the unit, then the help of specialists is necessary.
If the washing machine does not break, and the reason lies in the incorrect use, then you can remove the disturbing odor yourself.
ATTENTION! Do not remove or disassemble the parts, if you are not familiar with washing machines! Entrust repair work to professionals!
The best folk remedies
The most famous and most affordable cleaning products for washing machines are citric acid, vinegar and baking soda. They are in the kitchen of every housewife and are able to quickly deal with an unpleasant problem.
Citric Acid + Vinegar
To remove unpleasant smells and scale in the washing machine, 100 grams of citric acid and 0.5 liters of table vinegar are used. The product is placed in the drum and the washing program starts with a maximum temperature of 90 ° C. If after the first time the aroma remains, the washing is repeated without the use of agents.
Old scale deposits form in large formations. They can break away and damage the drain hose. When this happens, the car makes a humming sound. In this case, immediately stop washing, clean the hose and run the program again.
In the rubber seals of the unit accumulates scale and dirt. It is very important, after washing, to wipe thoroughly all elements of machinery that interact with water, including rubber parts and a detergent compartment.
Regular (once a month) washing with soda can protect the washing machine from scale.250 g of baking soda are poured into the powder compartment and the program for the longest wash at a temperature of 90 ° C is activated. At the end of the process, rinse must be repeated.
Home methods of combating unpleasant odors, as experience shows, are effective. The use of such methods does not harm internal parts of the washing machine and contributes to the silent operation of the unit.
Purchased chemicals against the smell of the drum
The stores offer a large selection of specialized tools for unpleasant odors. The most popular cleaners are manufactured in Europe:
- Frau Schmidt (Frau Schmidt) with the smell of lemon. Suitable not only for washing, but also for dishwashers.
- Cleaner Dr.Beckmann (Dr. Berkman) fights odors and scum.
- Fine tablets from Well Done increase the life of the equipment and remove unpleasant smells.
- The Filtero tool fights odors inside the drum and removes scale from the washing machine.
These household chemical products must be used strictly in accordance with the instructions on the packaging. You cannot combine two or more types of cleaners at the same time. Apply the product only with gloves and a protective mask.
How to quickly remove the smell of gasoline and white spirit
When the smell of gasoline or white spirit is felt from the washing machine, you need to immediately clean the equipment. This procedure is carried out in several stages.
- Pour baking soda into the compartment with the powder, turn on the program with a temperature of 30 ° C, and leave the drum empty.
- Then repeat the process with the addition of 9 percent table vinegar.
- Do the last wash at minimum temperature without using cleaners.
- After a day, check to see if there is any odor. To do this, carry out washing with unnecessary things or fabrics.
- If the method did not help the first time, then it needs to be repeated.
When all possible methods have been exhausted, and the smell is present, try a product containing chlorine. It can only be used as a last resort. The instruction to the equipment should mention that it is permissible to apply chlorine to this model of the washing machine.
If the hoses are made of plastic and not rubber, the chance of ruining the device is reduced. Before use, the bleach is diluted in proportions according to the instructions. The washing temperature should not exceed 30 ° C. This is enough to remove the smell of gasoline.After one cycle, another wash is started, but without additional funds.
Rubber elements are able to absorb gasoline particles more than other materials, so after each wash it is recommended to wipe them dry with a solution of baking soda. Be sure to leave the door of the drum open for some time and ventilate the room where the machine is. Careful sorting of linen and separate washing will help prevent unpleasant odors in the drum.
What to do if mold has appeared?
To combat mold, thoroughly clean the washing machine parts. Most contaminants accumulate in seals and powder containers.
- A solution of soda, copper sulfate or vinegar will help to get rid of unpleasant raids. If you constantly wash these parts, wipe them dry, the mold will not start and there will be no stench.
- When an unpleasant smell just appeared, the usual soap solution will help. The launch of the boiling program will eliminate microorganisms and the product of their decay.
The timely processing of visible parts of the body and the drum will protect against the appearance of mold.
- Frequent washing at a temperature of 40 degrees with the use of liquid agents leads to the layering of fat and deposits on the drum and hoses. To prevent odor, regularly start washing at 90 degrees and add a small amount of powder.
- Lingerie from the car is removed immediately after washing, without waiting until it drains.
- Clothes for washing, store in a separate basket. Contamination causes mold and mildew. After completing the wash, keep the door open as long as possible.
- Poor household chemicals can cause an unpleasant odor. No anti-scale agent will help if the washing machine is regularly dropped or filled with cheap powder or air conditioning.
- For the machine to last as long as possible, use water filters and change them regularly. It is important to regularly clean the pump and the drain hose.
- The reason for the appearance of unpleasant odors may be the wrong connection of the drain to the sewer. Equipment installation should be handled by a specialist.
The use of high-quality detergents and constant prevention of scale and dirt will protect the automatic washing machine from unpleasant odors, mold and breakdowns.Using the technique will not cause discomfort, bad mood, and the laundry will always smell fresh and sparkle clean.
What is nano
How to make a rope
How to love women
How to make a gum
What to do to let go
How to cause monthly before