How to install a water heater?
In this article we will tell not only about how to install a water heater, but also about safety precautions during installation and, of course, about the proper installation of these appliances, as their installation is often accompanied by certain difficulties. Let's start with storage water heaters.
How to install a storage water heater
Let's start with the necessary security measures, of which there are three:
- The electrical safety of the storage water heater is guaranteed only if there is a well-organized grounding, which was carried out in accordance with all the rules for the installation of electrical installations.
- Plumbing and valves must also meet the characteristics of the water supply network. In addition, they must be mandatory and the necessary certificates of quality.
- The third paragraph includes a list of conditions relating to the installation and operation of a storage electric heater. So, it is not allowed:
- switching on the power supply if the heat exchanger is not filled with water;
- use of water heater without grounding;
- Removing the protective cover when the power is on;
- connecting the device to the water supply without a special safety valve;
- inclusion in a water supply system with a pressure more than 6 atmospheres;
- draining water from the tank when the power is on;
- change of design and installation dimensions of product brackets;
- the use of replacement parts and assemblies not recommended by the manufacturer;
In addition, all electrical and plumbing work should be performed by qualified personnel. The installation work itself begins with drilling holes for anchors and fixing anchor hooks in the wall. Then the device is hung on the hooks of the anchors for the housing brackets. After that, at the cold water inlet, a safety valve is installed, which must be tightened by 3-4 turns and sealed with a water insulating material. After that, you can proceed to the first filling of the tank. To do this, open the cold supply valve and the hot water tap located on the mixer,to ensure the outflow of air from the water heater. The signal to fill the tank will be a continuous stream of cold water that flows from the mixer. This is important because during the connection to the network the tank must be filled with water. When enabled, the thermostat knob is preferably set at a temperature of about 35-36 degrees.
How to install a flow water heater
A flowing heater is good because the water in it heats up very quickly, and the amount of water consumed is not limited. In addition, the instantaneous water heater has a very compact size, and therefore to allocate a little space for it in the house is not a problem at all. The manual for the instantaneous water heater contains a detailed diagram, which usually marks all the necessary connections and openings. The kit often also includes fasteners. As for the storage water heater, for the flow-through, approximately the same safety rules apply. In addition, those wishing to install a flow-through heater on their own should remember the following:
- if you yourself are not able to understand the scheme, or do not understand the notation on it, you need to contact the experts;
- improper installation of the instantaneous water heater often leads to equipment breakdown, which deprives the owner of the right to warranty repair;
- installation of a flow-through water heater, made in violation of the rules of TB, often causes injuries and accidents.
As for the installation of the instantaneous water heater, most often it is hung on the wall and, as close as possible, to the mixer in the kitchen or in the bathroom in order to reduce heat loss as much as possible. By the way, in comparison with accumulative water heaters, they weigh very little, and therefore, for their installation, they will not require particularly strong fastening. Even the usual mounting screws and brackets are fine. The flowing water heater is located both above the sink or sink, and under them. Connection diagrams for both cases can be easily found in the manual. To install a flow-through water heater, you need to drill holes in the wall and fix it on the brackets. After that, you need to connect the water heater to the water supply system in accordance with the scheme specified in the instructions. This can be done both with a rigid and flexible liner, which depends on the instantaneous water heater model.Any connections must be sealed with sealant and tape FUM. To check the correct installation, open the tap with water and check the reliability of all connections.
Stained Glass Candlestick
Tell me what kind of lighting is better to use on stretch ceilings so that it is both beautiful and practical
What is VPN?
How to develop a hearing
How to draw a plate