How to make a mask with your own hands?
Watch the video
No carnival can do without a mask. A similar accessory is also welcomed at various thematic parties, celebrations on the occasion of the New Year, Halloween. To surprise your friends, prepare a realistic mask of silicone or polyurethane. Next we will explain how to do this.
Preparation for work
To make a mask with your own hands, you will need to find in your city a shop that sells silicone for hand-made products or two-component liquid polyurethane. As an option, it can be an art shop with goods for creativity or an online store. These materials are not very cheap, but you will create a thing not for one time, but for reuse. So why not afford a purchase? Before ordering, be sure to explain to the seller what exactly you need a product for - it will help you choose exactly what you need. You will also need clay based clay.
Next, find the base from which you will make the cast of the face.Ideal - a mannequin like those that are in shop windows.
Take a few sheets of clay and heat them for 15-20 minutes in the oven at a temperature of 65 to 90 degrees, but no more - the sheets should be very flexible and warm, but not hot. Do not let the clay melt.
Set the head of the dummy on a plate or other surface and fix it with tape or other available means, otherwise it will be inconvenient to work.
- Put the softened mass on the head and proceed to the modeling. First, give the future mask common features, and then start working onmore fine details. You can work either simply with your hands or with the help of available tools, or with tools for artistic modeling. Sculpt until the facial features of the mask completely satisfy you. If you want to make a scary mask, you can intentionally distort the features - make your nose crooked, very large lips, give an unnatural shape to your cheekbones, etc.
- If you plan to wear a mask completely on your head, then do not forget to miss the clay and the back of the head.
- Lubricate the clay separator - for example, technical petroleum jelly or oil such as Johnsons Baby.
Creating a mask
- Stir in the container according to the instructions all the components for the mask.If you use, for example, two-component rubber, then you needwill mix the base paste with the hardener. It is important to precisely keep the proportions and ensure that the mixture is homogeneous. Some masters advise kneading it with a mixer. In this case, note that the whips and dishes, where the mass will be whipped, should be left unwashed after work. Silicone will harden, and you easily and simply remove it.
- Now, using a brush or flat stick, apply the first layer of the composition. Allow it to dry and apply alternately a couple more (or more if you want the mask to be thick) layers. Each new layer, try to impose neater previous. The latest should be as smooth as possible.
- Leave the finished base dry. Depending on which product you are using, it may take a little more or a little less time. Ordinary silicone for making various handicrafts dries about 5-10 hours.
- Carefully remove the completely dried product from the clay base.
- Cut through the mask with a sharp knife / scalpel holes for the eyes, nose, mouth (if needed).
- Mix a small amount of acrylic paint with latex and proceed to painting. Note that after drying, the shades will become darker - for example, light pink will turn into saturated red.
- When the paint is dry, you can glue the wig on top, decorate the “face” with some kind of decorative elements - sequins, rhinestones, etc.
How to prepare a child for grade 1
What to do if the computer does not see the flash drive
Anesthesia did not work, but I still did a caesarean
7 female mistakes that interfere with getting married
Buy equipment for a geodesic company
How to make a buckle