How to cook a delicious jam?
Jam is the perfect delicacy for tea drinking. You can make it from a variety of berries. For example, strawberries and cherries. How to make delicious jam from them will be described below.
How to make strawberry jam
To make a fragrant delicacy of strawberries, the following ingredients are needed (per 1 kg of berries):
- sugar - 750 g;
- lemon - 1/2 part;
- Ginger - 5 g.
Prepare strawberry jam as follows:
- Enumerate the berries, rinse thoroughly, add sugar and leave in an enamelled container for 9 hours. Then squeeze the juice from half a lemon and add to the strawberries, and then mix everything thoroughly with a wooden spatula.
- Put a bowl of berries on the fire and bring to a boil. Then hold it for another 5 minutes, and then turn off the burner. When the jam has cooled, put it back on the fire and boil down to the syrup. A few minutes until done, add the grated ginger. Then you can pour the jam over the jars and spin.
You can also cook this jam in a slow cooker. It takes less time. More information about this can be found in the article How to make jam. And if you want to cook such a delicacy not from strawberries, but from currants, then use the recipe presented here: How to make blackcurrant jam.
How to make cherry jam
To prepare a delicious cherry jam you need to stock up on such ingredients:
- sugar - 12 tbsp. spoons;
- cherry - 1 kg.
Having prepared all the necessary, proceed as follows:
- Take berries, sort, wash, separate from stalks and seeds. Put them in an enamel saucepan, cover them with sugar and cook for 10 minutes. Cool the jam and leave for a day.
- Put it on fire again and cook for 10 minutes. Then cool, pour on the banks and spin.
You can also cook apple jam. It turns out delicious and suitable for baking. Learn how to cook it, you can from the article How to cook apple jam. The recipe presented here will help you to make it from apricots: How to make apricot jam.
Useful tips on cooking jam
When cooking jam, be guided by the following:
- use only ripe berries and fruits;
- To preserve the jam, add a little citric acid;
- it’s best to simmer on a slow fire;
- use only wide-bottomed dishes for cooking berries and fruits;
- Be sure to stir the jam with a wooden spatula during cooking to avoid burning to the bottom.
How not to burn under the scorching rays of the sun
What you know movies about love, so that as much for the soul took
How to enable cookies
What is annexation