How to make jam from oranges and orange peels: step by step recipes with photos
How to cook for the winter jam from oranges? Step-by-step recipes with photos offer many options for different degrees of complexity. The simplest of them is to make an ordinary five-minute snack from pieces of oranges with a peel, and for a thickening add pumpkin puree or apples. A more laborious way is to roll the orange pulp with crusts through a meat grinder, and then boil it in a rich sugar syrup. When you want to make something truly exotic and unusual, it makes sense to make jam only from orange peels, and add juice squeezed from lemon to syrup. This delicacy will please even very capricious, picky gourmets, and, quite possibly, will become their most favorite kind of sweet home preservation.
How to make jam from orange peels and lemons at home - recipe with photos step by step
Attractive and very rich jam of orange peels and lemon, prepared according to this recipe at home, will successfully brighten up winter tea drinking and protect from seasonal colds. Citrus fruits will provide the body with all the necessary vitamins, and ginger will contribute to the overall strengthening of the immune system.
Necessary ingredients for home cooking delicious jam with orange peels and lemons
- oranges - 500 g
- Lemons - 500 g
- ginger - 200 g
- sugar - 1 kg
Step by step instructions on how to make lemon and orange peel jam at home
- Citrus fruit with a smooth, not spoiled skin should be washed very well in running water and dried on a kitchen towel. With oranges to remove crusts and chop a thin elongated straw.
- Lemon with skin, cut into small pieces of any shape. Carefully review the flesh and remove all internal bones.
- Peel the ginger root and chop it first into small plates and then the same cubes as oranges.
- All components should be placed in a deep heat-resistant container, covered with sugar, mixed gently and left for 1-2 hours so that the mass is soaked and allowed the maximum amount of natural juice.
- Place the container on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the level of heating to the minimum and cook for 10 minutes. Regularly stir, so that the stiff mass does not stick to the bottom and walls.
- The finished jam is laid out on dry sterilized cans, hermetically sealed with lids, turned over and wrapped in a blanket or blanket, left to cool completely. Then send for storage in the cellar or basement.
Oranges jam with the peel through a meat grinder - a recipe with a photo for a slow cooker without soaking
This is the fastest recipe for making orange peeled jam. It does not take long to soak the crusts, and then spend a large amount of time on thin slices of citrus. It is enough just to wash the fruits well, scroll through the meat grinder, mix with the sugar, put the multicooker in the bowl and choose the program suitable for processing. All other actions of the modern "home help" will do itself.
Essential ingredients for orange peel jam made with meat grinder
- oranges - 1 kg
- sugar - 1 st
- water - 1 st
Step-by-step instructions to the recipe for jam from orange peels scrolled through a meat grinder
- Oranges very well to wash, soak with a paper napkin, cut together with a crust large pieces and pass them through a meat grinder with a large mesh.
- Put a thick citrus mass in a multivariate bowl, fill it with sugar, cover with water, cover with a lid and leave it overnight, so that the pieces are soaked and let the natural juice come in.
- In the morning, turn on the multivark, with the lid open, bring to a boil and boil on the "Quenching" program for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the mass is uniformly treated.
- Turn off the unit and leave the jam in it until it is completely cooled. Then repeat the boiling / cooling procedure 2 more times.
- 3 times again warm well, boil for 8-10 minutes and in a hot form, decompose into sterilized jars. Roll under the metal covers, turn over, cover with a rug or bath towel and cool. Before winter, hide in a cool pantry.
Original jam from orange crust "Curls" - a recipe with photos
If there is a desire to cook something very unusual for close people, you should pay close attention to this recipe with a photo. He describes in detail how to cook for the winter original jam "Curls" of orange peels. Skins with zest after repeated boiling, first in water and then in sugar syrup, acquire an elastic consistency, reminiscent of candied fruits, and a surprisingly bright, rich aroma. It is simply impossible to refuse this delicacy, as it turns out juicy and tasty.
The necessary ingredients for making jam "curls" of orange peels
- orange - 6 pieces
- water - 800 ml
- sugar - 600 g
- lemon - 1 pc
Step-by-step instructions on how to boil an original orange-jam jam at home
- Wash oranges well in running water, rinse with boiling water to remove the preservatives present from the surface.
- Cut the fruit into thin slices of the same size. Remove the pulp, and the remaining crusts with a very sharp knife divided again into halves. At the exit should remain thin strips of a width not exceeding 1 centimeter.
- Prepare the crusts in a deep container, pour cool water and soak for 4 days, daily 2 times a day to change the water.
- After the set time has elapsed, remove the crusts from the water, slightly dry and cut off the white inner layer from them.
- Roll each strip in a tight spiral and thread on a food thread on the principle of beads.
- In a deep enameled container, pour in water, add orange beads there and boil them for 15 to 20 minutes. Then pour over ice water. Repeat this procedure 3 more times, each time filling the pot with clean water.
- In the next step, boiled orange peel pour 800 ml of water, pour sugar and cook over low heat until the syrup begins to thicken. Then remove from heat and let stand for 6 to 12 hours.
- The second time, boil the jam for about 15 minutes, at the end pour fresh lemon juice, gently mix, pack with sterilized jars, turn upside down, wrap in a terry towel and leave until completely cooled. Until winter, store in a cool, dry place, protected from direct sunlight.
How to brew an orange jam with ginger, lemon and apple - a recipe for a video from Alexander Seleznev
In this video, the famous pastry chef, author of many cookbooks, presenter of popular programs on radio and television, Alexander Seleznev, shares his recipe for making orange jam. For additional density, he recommends combining citrus with apples, use a lemon as a natural preservative, and put ginger to enhance flavor. The delicacy made in this way is distinguished by its attractive appearance and rich shades; it is beautifully kept until the winter season even without sterilization and does not lose its vivid taste and useful qualities for a long time.
Orange jam with zest and pumpkin for the winter - simple and quick recipe-five-minute
An uncomplicated and fast five-minute recipe will undoubtedly appeal to busy housewives who do not have much time to create culinary masterpieces. Orange jam, prepared in this way with zest and pumpkin, will be thick and suitable not only for self-use, but also for use as a juicy sweet-sour filling for a variety of homemade pastries.
Necessary ingredients for cooking for 5 minutes a tasty jam from oranges for the winter
- oranges - 2 kg
- pumpkin - ½ kg
- sugar - 2 kg
- water - 3 st
- cinnamon - 2 tsp
Step by step instructions on how to make a five-minute pumpkin and oranges with zest
- Rinse the pumpkin, dry it, cut off the crust, remove the seeds, coarsely chop the flesh and turn into mashed potatoes using a blender.
- Oranges with a smooth crust without defects very thoroughly washed in running water, blot with a napkin and cut into small, thin pieces together with the zest.
- For syrup, pour water into an enamel pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. When the liquid begins to actively boil, pour pumpkin puree into it, pour in sugar, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. As soon as the mass starts to seethe again, add the orange slices and boil for 5 minutes.
- At the last moment, pour in the cinnamon, mix well, spread hot on sterilized jars, seal the lids with a lid, turn them over, cover with a piece of thick cloth and cool. Store until winter in a cool, dry place.
How to serve orange jam - ideas of desserts with cream and crispy cantuccini
Homemade orange jam can not only be served as an addition to tea, coffee and any other hot drinks, but also used as a main component of various original desserts. One of the most successful arrangements is jam made from slices of oranges, seasoned with a delicate cream and crunchy almond cantuccini. This delicacy is now breaking all records of popularity and is considered one of the most popular in many stylish cafes and trendy restaurants. Make it at home is not at all difficult. It is enough to put thick orange jam into a portioned ice-cream bowl, decorate with cream sold in the store, decorate cantuccini with chopsticks and serve to the table.
What are the most popular professions?
How to delete mailbox on mail.ru
What dreams cross
New Year's style photo frame
Adulthood: why today is not fashionable to be an adult
Order a stop limit when buying or selling shares