How to paint the house?
To begin with, before you paint the facade of the house, its surface must be prepared for future painting. Secondly, you should choose the highest quality coloring materials. In order to paint the exterior of the house more professional, you need to first make a plan for future painting. For different surfaces, respectively, various methods of painting and methods of surface preparation are applied. Therefore, before you paint the house outside, you need to know what materials the house consists of. This may be wood, concrete, roofing tiles, aluminum, etc. You should also follow the recommendations and instructions that come with the coloring materials.
Stages painting house
Following the goal, how to paint the house, you need to know where to start. The whole painting system can be divided into stages:
- First you need to study the range of facade paints and the right choice of paint should be taken responsibly. There are two basic rules to follow: you should not buy the cheapest paint and also buy paint that is designed for painting the house both outside and inside.
- For the most high-quality painting of a facade of the house choose the painting material which contains two important components. The first is a binder that forms a film on the surface of the facade of the house, which allows the material to not crack over time. The second component is a liquid that improves the effect of the binder, protecting the coating directly from the harmful effects of insects, bacteria and fungi.
- Before you paint the house, you should use a three-component system consisting of three main stages. First you need to use the anti-resin primer, it is applied pointwise, the effect of the primer will block the appearance of the resins and ensure the absence of stains on the painted surface.
- The second stage of the preparatory work is the application of a layer of protective material from the effects of bugs, bacteria and fungi.
- The final stage - applying directly the dye, which provides the desired color and gives protection from harmful atmospheric influences.
- Those parts and parts of your home that are not intended for painting should be covered with existing protective materials.So glass, so that they do not get paint, cover with film, you can also use plywood or shields. Specialists use clay solutions to protect some parts, and use a fatty mixture of soap and grease to protect glasses. Nail heads are treated with an appropriate anti-corrosion primer.
- In general, the work on the exterior painting of the house is similar to the finishing of the interior. In both cases, the process begins with surface preparation and ends with its staining. The only difference is that the number of operations to prepare the surface of the facade for painting is substantially less.
- Among other things, you also need to choose the right paint tool. So, a synthetic brush and a roller are better suited for working with water-based paints; a brush made from natural bristles is suitable for painting a house with organo-thinable paint.
- It is necessary to remember, painting the facade of the house, that it is necessary to strictly follow the developed instructions for the paint. Also, if you are not confident in your abilities, you can find a number of tips on how to paint a house. Photographic materials and video lessons will explain this in detail.
Painting a wooden house
Ways of how to paint a wooden house, do not practically differ from painting a house of any other material. But there are some nuances:
- For the staining of wooden facades there are several types of facade paints - opaque topcoats, and translucent glazing antiseptics. Also used oil and acrylate paints.
- Antiseptics are designed to protect the wood, they penetrate into the surface of a few millimeters. Transparent antiseptics can emphasize the structure and color of wood, and translucent compositions close the color, but emphasize the wood structure.
- The work consists of two stages - apply a primer antiseptic and paint the coating. The layer of primer antiseptic is designed to protect the wood from fungi, high humidity and mold, and the second layer can be applied with oil or acrylate paint, topcoat or lightening antiseptic.
- To begin with, a primer antiseptic is applied in one layer, and after complete drying of the surface, another 2-3 layers of paint or topcoat are applied, thoroughly drying each layer.
- Before you paint the whole house, you must first try to paint a small plank to check the color.
- The paint must be mixed thoroughly before painting and during operation.
- The wooden surface can not be painted under the action of direct sunlight and during precipitation.
- To apply paint with a brush so that layers were as it is possible more thin, in order to avoid uneven color and smudges.
- Apply paint and antiseptic longitudinal movements.
- If there is a glossy film on the surface of the wood, then it is worth painting the wall with oil-based paint or antiseptic of a darker shade. If the antiseptic on the surface is already completely faded, then cover the surface with acrylic paint.
- The surfaces, in the past, covered with oil paint, are painted over with the same paint or acrylic paint, but pre-cleaning the facade to a wooden base using a metal brush.
- Before painting, the surface of the facade is cleaned of dirt, residues of old paint, dust and tar. Do this with a stiff brush or scraper. For better adhesion, you can also degrease the surface with special alkaline detergents.
- Sometimes for the best painting of a wooden house, you need to completely remove the paint from the surface by chemical or mechanical methods. Chemical cleaning will better preserve the surface of the wood, but it is slow and laborious.This method is used when the condition of the coating does not allow the use of mechanical cleaning.
Now you know all the subtleties of how to paint the house yourself and at the same time correctly. This will help you to decorate your home outside and, in addition, to extend its service life in its original form. We wish you good luck!
The Horoscope of Paul Globa: Pisces
What is a precedent
How to remove eyelids
Why do fish die