How to unlock the drive?
Probably many had to deal with the problem of ransomware viruses. The disk is locked and a message is displayed. It proposes to eliminate this problem with the help of payment. You can not go on about the scam. After reading this article, you will learn how to unlock the hard drive yourself.
Types of blocking
There are two types of locks:
- lock Windows Explorer;
- complete blocking of the computer, that is, the hard disk.
In the first case, the computer starts up, comes to the appearance of desktop icons, but instead a message of a certain nature appears. In this case, only the current Windows is locked. If other operating systems are installed on the computer, they will be loaded.
In the second case, the master boot record of the hard disk is changed (Master Boot Record). When you try to start the computer, a black background appears on which the cursor is blinking.
Unlock Master Boot Record
For Windows XP, do the following:
- Boot from any disk of the Windows XP distribution kit. It should support recovery console.
- Log in to the console and execute the fixmbr command;
- Ignore the warnings about a non-standard boot record and the fact that it may end badly.
- Restart the computer, restarting Windows.
For Windows7, the following steps should be taken:
- Boot from the disc with the original installation distribution of Windows 7, which supports the recovery option.
- Select "System Restore".
- In the menu "System Recovery Options" select the OS that requires recovery, click "Next."
- Select "Command Line".
- Enter Bootrec.exe / FixMbr in the command line interpreter window.
- The utility running with the / FixMbr key writes the master boot record Master compatible with Windows 7 to the system partition.
As a rule, the above steps help solve the problem. If the system still does not boot, then the operation should be repeated and additionally enter the command: Bootrec.exe / FixBoot. The utility running with the / FixBoot key writes the new system sector, compatible with Windows, into the system partition.
- Boot into "Safe Mode with Command Prompt". It is this mode. Just "Safe Mode" will not give any effect. Unlocking will not happen.
- To boot in any safe mode, after turning on the PC, press the F8 key. It will display the boot menu. This is where the computer should boot (CD / DVD, FDD, HDD). HDD is selected, Enter is pressed and again F8.
- Select regedit and press Enter.
- The registry editor will start. It is necessary to go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon.
- Make the parameters edited so that they become:
- Shell = Explorer.exe
- Userinit = C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ userinit.exe if Windows is on the C: drive
- Close the registry editor and check if there is a virus in the autoload so that the whole correction will not be canceled upon reboot. To do this, press Ctrl + Alt + Del. The task manager is called, select the "New task" in it, type msconfig and click OK.
- In the window that appears, go to the tab "Startup". In the "Team" column, find and record where the pest is. When you start Explorer, find and delete the file itself.
From the materials of this article, you learned how to unlock the HDD.
A test in school physics, which is almost impossible to pass. But maybe you are an exception
What can be made from the remnants of thread
What is formatting
Perfume, eau de toilette, perfume Difference
What you need to be loved