Luxury Vacation - How To Save Big at a Luxury Beach Resort
Save Big on Beach Vacations
Make a splash with fun, family-friendly ideas that won't burn a hole in your wallet. Read on for special savings, plus ,309 in freebies, including a stay for two at Biras Creek Resort. Starting on the date the prize appears, log on to WomansDay.com/Giveaways to enter for your chance to win.
1. (Starting August 1, 2013) One reader will win a five-day, four-night stay for two atBiras Creek Resorton Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. You'll enjoy three complimentary meals per day, plus access to a private white-sand beach and outdoor activities like snorkeling, windsurfing and kayaking. Value, ,000.
2. TIP:Pass on ocean viewsA room overlooking the water can cost 25% more than one facing a courtyard. Skip the scenic view and you can often stay five nights for the price of four.
2. SAVE 20% on selected hotels in Honolulu, Cancún, Miami and San Diego at Expedia.com. EnterWDAYat checkout.*
*Expedia.comis offering 20% off a standalone hotel booking of 0 or more. Booking dates: 7/1/13 to 8/31/13. Travel dates: 7/1/13 to 12/31/13. The offer is valid at the following four hotels in the following four locations: The Modern Honolulu, Honolulu; ME Cancún, Cancún, Mexico; Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Miami; Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego.
1. TIP:Check local pricesDon't assume that affordable airfare means the location has low-cost lodging and restaurants. Look up prices at TripAdvisor.com before you book your flight.
3. TIP:Cut parking costsFind a beach that offers free parking and you can save up to per day. Or see if you can walk or rent and ride bikes to the beach instead.
1. (Starting August 20, 2013) Two readers will win an orangeNikon COOLPIX AW110 waterproof digital camerawith built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for sharing, as well as video and GPS. Value, 9.95
2. (Starting August 14, 2013) Five readers will winThe Phoenix from Beacon Audio, a baseball-size, portable Bluetooth speaker, in pink. Value, .99.
1. (Starting August 23, 2013) Five readers will win aVera Bradley Grand Tote and Beach Towelin marina paisley. Value, 0 per set.
2. TIP:Lug lessUse a compact, clip-on umbrella. Or opt for a chair that has a built-in canopy—the two-in-one aspect makes it a great value.
You don't need to take every summer item you own to the beach. Follow these tips to lighten your luggage.
• Keep it to one swimsuit—you're only going to want to wear your favorite anyway, right?
• Wear a sun-shielding hat to the airport so it doesn't get squashed in your suitcase.
• Bring a few tunics that you can wear as coverups at the beach or as shirts when you're around town.
• A pretty sarong can double as a scarf if the temperature drops when you're dining outside near the water.
• Call ahead to see if your hotel provides beach towels so you don't have to tote them from home.
Video: 8 GREAT TIPS FOR SURVIVAL AT SEA
Prevention Readers Are Obsessed With These Cute Shoes That Ward Off Foot Pain—And Theyre On Sale Right Now
You’re Right—Everyone IS Always Looking At Your Boobs
20 Best Widow’s Peak Hairstyles For Men
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
6 Cool Ways to Incorporate Fall’s Favorite Colors to Your Space
How to stop online gambling addiction
Candy Corn Cocktail for Halloween Weekend
How to Write an Anthropology Paper
How to Deal With Teen Pregnancy
Healthy Savoury Pie Recipes
Halloween Cocktails for a Scary Good Time
How to Make a Peppermint Foot Soak