Butter Cookies Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com
Spritz Daisy Cookies
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
large egg yolk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Yellow gel food coloring
large egg whites
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, 7 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium, add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat again for 5 minutes (this aerates the batter).
- Reduce the mixer speed to the lowest setting and gradually add the flour, mixing just until incorporated, then using a spatula, fold the dough until it forms a ball.
- Fill cookie press according to manufacturer’s instructions using the daisy disk. Hold the cookie press so it touches a baking sheet (do not line or grease the baking sheet), squeeze and lift away, spacing the cookies 1 inch apart (you will need at least 2 large baking sheets). If desired, carefully slide lollipop sticks halfway into each cookie.
- Bake until light golden brown around the edges, 11 to 13 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute on the tray, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make the royal icing. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the sugar, beating until just incorporated. Increase the speed to high and beat until medium-stiff glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl and tint yellow. Transfer the yellow icing and the remaining 1/2 cup white icing to two separate piping bags fitted with fine tips. Decorate cookies as desired.
Video: How to Pipe Cookies
How to Make a Pillow
How and Why to Reduce the Cognitive Dissonance You Feel
Its Official: You Can Burn Calories by Being Gloriously Lazy
River Island FallWinter 2013-2014 Collection
TheLIST: 90s Bombshell Style
Chanel SpringSummer 2014 RTW – Paris Fashion Week
Safe Types of Gluten-Free Yeast
Best London restaurants to nab a table at
How to Answer an Interview Question About Defining Your Management Style
Interview with Toni Baston Womenswear Buyer at THE ICONIC
7 Shocking Reasons Youre Overeating
So long Bake Off. Thanks for all the memories
Sites That Sniff Out Low Prices
Boost Your Memory 23 With This Easy Trick
Date: 13.12.2018, 14:14 / Views: 61181