Since childhood, we must learn to cultural behavior at the table, following etiquette. We need not only to be able to behave correctly, but also to explain the rules of behavior to children.
How to behave at the table: rules and prohibitions
- Never talk with your mouth full. Even if you were asked a question, do not rush to answer, swallow the food and only then speak.
- Do not bite off large chunks at once. Also, do not bite the bread, but break off the slices and put them in your mouth.
- Do not cut the meat in large chunks. The next piece can be cut off after you have eaten the previous one, so that the look of the dish is beautiful and the food is hot.
- Do not take the bird with your hands, use a fork and a knife. Fingers can be taken when it is no longer possible to chop with a fork. Lift the meat to gnaw the bone.
- Fish bones pull out with a fork. You can help yourself with your fingers, just do not lick them after that, but wipe them with a napkin.
- You do not need to use a knife if you eat a patty, scrambled eggs, fish, aspic, cheese cakes. All these dishes can be easily cracked with a fork.
- Such a side dish, like potatoes, vegetables and pasta, prick on a fork, helping yourself with a crust of bread.
- Do not eat with a knife, so as not to spoil your impression and cut your mouth.
- The rules of conduct at the table say that the knife must be held in your right hand, in your left you will have a fork at this time. Until you have eaten the whole dish, do not transfer dining items from one hand to another.
- If the dish can be eaten with a fork, do not use a spoon.
- On the saucer can not spit out the bones of compote. To get rid of the bone, bring the spoon straight to your mouth and spit it into it, and then place it on a plate.
- To be polite with your table neighbors, do not choose large pieces from a common dish, but take the most extreme one.
- If you need something that is far away from you, do not try to reach across the table, ask someone to give it to you.
- Do not finish the saucer, if there is juice in it, and do not grease the rest of the sauce with bread.
- Do not put a fork and knife on the table if they are dirty.
- After the end of the meal, do not lick the spoon.
- Dirty dishes should not be pushed back to a neighbor or put on his dirty plate without his consent.
- Stir the sugar in the tea and remove the spoon from the cup so that it does not topple.
- Do not send a tablespoon completely into your mouth.
- Do not read at the table, this will show that you are not interested in the people with whom you are sitting.
- Do not put your legs on the leg and do not sit sideways to the table.
- Do not crush bread, do not leave crusts.
- When you are served a dish, do not look at it and do not pick it with table items.
- Do not chomp, eat with your mouth closed.
- Never speak badly about the dish, so as not to upset the hostess.
Observe etiquette. The rules of conduct at the table include many useful points!
- Spread a cloth napkin in your lap. This is done at the moment when they start serving dishes. Do not wipe plates or appliances with napkins, even if you see some speck on them.
- Do not wipe your mouth and instruments with a napkin, you can only bring it to your lips and lightly touch it. By the way, the cloth napkin is intended only to protect clothes from accidental dirt, and paper cloth - to clean lips after eating.
- After the meal, fold the paper napkin and place it on your plate. Leave a cloth next to the dish.
How to sit at the table
The rules of conduct at the table oblige the hostess to sit down first, inviting everyone to follow her example. She sits down in the middle after telling guests where is whose place.
Men help women to sit down, pushing chairs away for them, and only then they sit down by themselves.
- your posture did not break the surrounding harmony. To do this, keep it straight;
- you have fully occupied the seat of the chair, lightly touching the back. Sit quietly, your posture should be relaxed, but your back should always be even;
- your legs were bent at the knees;
- with a break in your meal your hands were on your lap;
- your elbows were not on the table.
If you are a man
- Do not be late for a feast, although the same rule applies to women so that it does not seem like you are being impolite.
- Do not sit at the table before women. Accompany one of the ladies to her place by offering her your right hand.
- If you are in a restaurant, select a table, move the chair away when the lady sits down, move it over and sit to the left of it. At the small table you can sit opposite.
- Give the lady a menu so that she chooses the dish first, only then choose the dish for herself.If a woman gives you to choose both dishes, then do not refuse her. When the waiter comes, make an order, because the ladies are not supposed to do it.
- A common dish must be taken in separate plates with the devices that lie near it.
- Use cutlery in the order in which they already lie. Start with the most extreme, finish those that are near the plate.
- Do not touch the blade and the teeth on the fork and knife.
- When you take a break in food, place the cutlery in a crosswise position on your plate, not on the table.
- Crosses should also be put crosswise when changing dishes. Make sure that the fork is lying on the top with a convex side, and the edge of the knife is looking to the left.
- When you have finished your meal, the fork and knife should lie on the plate parallel to each other.
Unfortunately, the rules of behavior at the table are not limited only to the ability to properly use all table items and understanding how to eat. It is very important to know how to behave at the holiday table. Conversation, manners, even glance are all important components of correct behavior at the table.
What is RAM?
What is Gardnerella
How to add fractions
How to download video on iPod
How to bake a trout
The woman is better than men