The recipe for the delicious pickled plums
Plum is a delicious fruit that is eaten fresh with pleasure, boiled from it jam, marmalade or jam, as well as pickled as a whole.
Cooking in marinade
There are a lot of ways to preserve fruits, but not all of them make you happy with the result. We picked up a few methods, following which obtained insanely delicious pickled plums.
A prerequisite for this or that method of preparation is the variety of fruits - this should be exclusively “eel”. Moreover, the fruit must be firm, with a greenish side, not in any case overripe. Otherwise, it will soften in the marinade, and will not hold the form. It turns out not a whole berry in syrup, but a solid mashed potatoes.
We present a recipe for delicious marinated cream.
List of ingredients:
- plum (it is better to take the “eel”) - 4 kilograms;
- sugar - about 0.5 kilograms;
- vinegar, 9% - 0.5 liters;
- bay leaf - 10 grams;
- black pepper peas - 10 grams.
Container for preservation: usually for such a quantity of ingredients you need 700 g jars - 3 pieces and 500 g jars - 2 pieces.
We draw your attention to the fact that:
- water is not needed in this case. At the expense of juice, which is allowed "pimples", there will be plenty of liquid for the marinade;
- fruits must be whole, firm, greenish better; Ripe and soft - tilt.
Step-by-step cooking process:
- Wash each plum, selecting from them only quality and beautiful.
- Fold the fruits in a glass or enameled container, in which they will be for several days.
- Be engaged in the preparation of sweet and sour syrup:
- vinegar pour into a separate bowl;
- add sugar there. Some cooks say that the syrup according to the recipe turns out to be sweetish, therefore not one and a half kilograms are poured, but about one or even 800 grams. We like the prescription syrup, so we’ve changed nothing;
- add bay leaves and peppercorns. Enough 0.5 packs of the first and half a pack of the second;
- put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil and cook the contents in it for a few minutes;
- pickle ready.
- Fill the fruits and cover with opacity to completely immerse in the liquid.As the yoke, you can use a three-liter jar filled with water.
- Every day, for five days, pour the brine from the drain into a separate container and simmer for 2 minutes, and then re-pour the fruit. It is better to do it at about the same time (in the morning or in the evening), as you see fit. By the way, spices are also desirable to boil, but if a bay leaf or peppercorn is lost somewhere in the fruit, then that's okay.
- On the sixth day, prepare the container for rolling: wash and heat treat.
- Drain the brine, as before, in a saucepan, boil for about five minutes, and at this time, lay the plums on the jars. Spread hot liquid with spices evenly over the glass container and roll up.
- The next day, when the preservation has cooled, transfer it to the basement, cellar or storeroom.
Marinating "eel" in one day
If you do not have the opportunity to plan your week so that you are at home at the same time, then we suggest preserving pickled plums for one day. They are as beautiful and tasty as the previous ones.
The recipe is designed for five liter jars.
Prepare all the necessary ingredients:
- 2.5 kilograms of "uhorok"; fruits must be whole, firm, greenish better;
- 0.7 kilograms of granulated sugar;
- 80 grams of salt;
- 0.5-0.75 cups of vinegar;
- a couple of bay leaves on a jar, which means ten things in total;
- a few peas allspice on a jar, i.e. just need about ten pieces;
- the same amount of cloves;
- Cinnamon is added if desired. Usually 0,25 p. L. per liter of finished product.
- Thoroughly wash the fruit and each nod in several places with a toothpick or hairpin. It is believed that they are so better promarinuyutsya, and the skin does not burst.
- Sterilize the container.
- Prepare a syrup (it will need 3.5 liters per 5 liters jars):
- Pour clean water into the container, add sugar and salt. Stir and boil;
- put spices in the boiling liquid: bay leaf, cloves, sweet pepper;
- Pour in vinegar.
- We spread out "ugors" in jars, adding spices and portioning cinnamon.
- Fill the contents in the jar with hot pickle and roll up.
- Turn it upside down and cover with a warm cloth or item.
- After a day, move the preservation to a cool storage place for the winter.
Advice: plums marinated according to one or another method can be served with meat dishes: fried steak, chops, kebabs, etc. or as a snack for any celebration. Do not pour out pickled liquid, use it as a sauce when baking meat dishes or vegetables.
Oops, I did it again: wild trends from the 2000s, which are back
What to wear in spring 2017 10 unexpected ideas from the London Fashion Week
What is interpolation
How to talk to the soul
What should be a winter skirt
Finance expert Anna Cherepanina