What is 3D?
Today it’s already customary for us that surround movies can be watched at home. Previously, the so-called stereo film could be seen only in the cinema, and then not in everyone. Now this technology is called 3d. What is 3d? In fact, 3d is just an abbreviation (3 dimensions, i.e. 3 dimensions). All that a healthy person can see around is three-dimensional, while the image on a regular TV screen is two-dimensional. TV with 3d technology allows you to see the picture almost as live, in volume. However, to achieve this effect, manufacturers had to work.
Today, two very popular 3d technologies for home television are very popular: active and passive. What is their difference? Let's find this out.
3d technology active
In order to get a beautiful and volumetric video series, some manufacturers decided to follow the path of alternating pictures in time. For this, special shutter glasses were created. Such a tool for viewing is quite complicated and expensive. Glasses should be synchronized with the TV signal, in which a person can see a picture with only one eye.However, this is very dynamic. Glasses are closed with the help of darkening one lens viewing for the eye. Then after a split second - for the second eye.
Such a flicker allows you to see the volume scene as a result. The TV screen, in turn, changes the image at each moment of time, showing a picture intended for only one eye. The synchronicity with points is important here. The image on the screen changes frequently, on average - 60 times per second. Accordingly, changing eyes, which can see the picture.
The shutter glasses must be recharged, as they have their own separate power supply. In addition, the darkening of the lenses leads to an overall darkening of the picture. Which is one of the disadvantages of active 3d. To eliminate it, the cinema for viewing in 3d mode is made a little brighter.
If the movie is high-quality, which means 3d technology was professionally implemented, the effect of it will be stunning.
What does passive 3d mean
A completely different way is passive 3d television. Points are used unpretentious, polarized. Included with the TV, you can get several of these glasses, since they are cheap.
The TV is equipped with a special filter that divides the screen line by line. Each eye sees its own picture, but not at the expense of dividing them in time, but at the expense of dividing them into strips and lines. The right eye sees even lines, the left eye sees odd lines, or vice versa. Therefore, the screen height becomes visible exactly halfway. It should be said that such 3d is more loyal to our wallets, because it is cheaper.
Experts note that with passive 3d technology, the viewer's eyes do not feel too strong discomfort. But the screen will seem rough and show all the bumps and defects.
So what's better
Manufacturers to this day have not come to a common opinion, which technology is more optimal. Therefore, there are brands that produce television equipment exclusively with active 3d, while there are those that promote technologies with passive 3d. And there are those who produce televisions with both principles of introducing three-dimensional images.
The disadvantages of each type of 3d technology can be considered their foundations.
Disadvantages of active 3d
- Active 3d achieves the desired effect by changing the pictures for each eye in time. Accordingly, the movement of the process on the screen slows down.Like it or not, and "blinking" takes some period. This becomes noticeable in scenes where the dynamics are fast.
- Not every viewer's eyes can safely endure such a load, so some film fans complain of pain in the eyes, sometimes headaches.
- Decrease brightness. Any film will be slightly darker if using shutter glasses.
- Passive 3d reaches the volume by showing each eye at the same time only parts of the picture (the viewer with each eye sees only half of the screen). This means that the screen height will be less than half.
- It is believed that the quality of the video that we see in TVs with passive 3d is lower than in the active one.
- To view the movie with maximum immersion, it is advisable to buy a TV more expensive, which means 3d in it will be the most effective. And this already blurs the boundary in the price between these two technologies.
- Watching movies at close range will not work out fully. It is desirable to expect that the TV is not closer than three meters to the viewer. What is not critical for active-gate technology.
Disadvantages of passive 3d
Choosing a TV with 3d, it is important not only to determine which method will form a three-dimensional image.It is also necessary to assess the quality of color reproduction. This indicator is crucial for those who want to see firsthand what 3d technology is. The frequency of updating the screen is also not the last factor. The higher it is, the more effective the viewing will be. However, this figure significantly affects the price.
It is also important to understand that a good movie made in 3d technology is not so much. Therefore, to watch every day a new film in special glasses is unlikely to succeed. Although, this deficiency will soon be corrected, as the volumes of 3d-content grow in the same way as the release of televisions.
Tellingly, people who watched several video works on TVs with different 3d technology, do not agree on which one is better. Therefore, when choosing a new TV, it is worth deciding for yourself which disadvantages are not fundamental for you. Only then should the equipment be bought.
What is a double
Patchwork in the interior: patchwork style
How to eat kiwi
How to find the domain of a function
James Bond fight with Russian villains