What is an algorithm?
Today we will answer the question of what is an algorithm.
Often the algorithm is called a set of instructions that describe the necessary actions (as well as the order of their execution) in order to solve the problem. Nowadays, algorithms are used not only in engineering and science, but also in other areas of life.
What is called an algorithm
The concept of the algorithm is quite ancient and refers to one of the main, as well as basic concepts in mathematics. The term is derived from the Latin spelling of the name of the famous Oriental mathematician of 787–850 by Mohammed al-Khorezmi - Algorithmi. This scientist was the first to formulate precise rules for recording natural numbers, as well as rules for summarizing the bar. A rather interesting fact is that, despite the ancient roots, the concept itself was precisely formulated only at the beginning of the twentieth century. Nowadays, the algorithm is the main component of modern business, any educational process or research. That is why every modern person just needs to know exactly what the algorithm means.
Algorithm - often precise formulated instructions, the order of certain actions that should ensure the achievement of the goal.
What are the properties of algorithms?
But it is worth remembering that not every sequence of actions can be called an algorithm. A sequence is an algorithm only if it has certain properties. We list them:
- One of the most important properties is discreteness. Her, we consider a little below.
- Definition is equally important. According to this property, each team must be unambiguous and direct the performer to a specific action.
- It is worth remembering the clarity of the algorithm. The algorithm should use only the necessary commands that relate to the task.
- An important feature is the performance (also often referred to as finiteness) of the algorithm. The "performance" property indicates that the algorithm has a certain, previously indicated number of steps, the execution of which will lead to the fulfillment of the task.
- Also, any algorithm must necessarily have such a property as mass character. If the algorithm ensures the execution of all tasks of a certain type, then it has the property of mass character.
What is an algorithm in computer science
All scientists agree on the statement that the concept of an algorithm is fundamental in modern computer science. When creating software, the first item is always creating an algorithm.
An algorithm written in a formal language is called a program. Very often, the concept of an algorithm is closely associated with the process of writing it into a program. That is why the term algorithm and programs are often considered synonymous
How to create an algorithm
In order to create an efficient and high-quality algorithm, several rules should be observed:
- The algorithm must be written in a formal and clear language. Ambiguity or ambiguity of instructions is unacceptable.
- When compiling the algorithm, it is necessary to take into account the one for whom it is compiled. The contractor must understand all points of the algorithm and be able to implement them.
- It is advisable to make the algorithm concise, accurate and clear.
What is a linear algorithm?
Among all the algorithms distinguish linear and nonlinear. An algorithm is considered linear if it adheres to a constant procedure throughout the entire execution process.
In computer science, the programming language with which the algorithm is described is called an operator. Allocate simple and structured operators. Simple operators describe only one action.
It is simple operators that are most often used in linear algorithms.
Discrete property of the algorithm and its value
Earlier we mentioned that any algorithm has such a property as discreteness. Now let's consider the concept of discreteness in more detail.
Often, discreteness is replaced by a term such as the discontinuity and separation of an algorithm. In fact, all three terms denote the same thing, namely, the sequential (sequential) execution of all commands of the algorithm. If discreteness is observed, each action is performed only after the previous one is completed, and the fulfillment of all the set points leads to the previously indicated final result (to the complete solution of the problem).
Now we have reviewed the basic terms and concepts that relate to our current topic.Surely for you now is not a problem to answer the question of what is an algorithm. The acquired knowledge will be useful again and again both in your professional field and in everyday life. You can clarify the details or find the answer to your question, as always, using the convenient commenting system below.
The classic recipe for cake Earl ruins with meringue, photo
What is massage
How much can cost gasification of a private house in Moscow
How to love women
Church holiday January 14
How to learn to write notes quickly
What to give to the wedding to friends