Where to go for mushrooms?
The collection of mushrooms since ancient times has been and remains one of the most important types of gathering. Mushrooms are eaten by many nations. And Russians have a mushroom hunt, or as it is also called, quiet hunting, has long become a favorite hobby. However, in order for the hunt to be successful, you need to know where to go. Many will easily answer: "how, where, of course, to the forest!" However, this will not be the complete answer to the question. The wrong choice of a place to pick mushrooms can lead at best to an empty basket, and at worst - to harm your health. So, where to go for mushrooms?
General tips for choosing a place to collect mushrooms
- The forest should be in the most ecologically clean area and in remoteness from factories, drains and industrial zones. This is explained by the fact that mushrooms have an incredible ability to accumulate both useful and harmful substances.
- It should not be forgotten that mushroom picking is prohibited in nature reserves, forest reserves, as well as in private properties.
- The soil in the forest should be as loose as possible, saturated with humus and not too dry.
- Remember that mushrooms grow in groups - mycelium. That is, if you stumbled upon a mushroom, do not rush to go further, and carefully look around the area around. After all, the roots of fungi � the mycelium � are networked under the top layer of soil, and dozens of individual mushrooms can grow from one such network in a glade.
- Also pay attention to the northern sides of the tree - from these sides mushrooms grow much more often than from the southern ones.
- Remember that in dry summer, mushrooms are located as close as possible to the trunks of the trees, and in the raw - at a distance.
However, not even an experienced mushroom picker will tell you exactly where to look for a big harvest this year. The tips described above are general. Deciduous light groves are considered the most fruitful forests, but one should not forget that each species of mushrooms prefers its own type of forest, and sometimes even a tree under which it can comfortably grow.
Where to go for a certain type of mushrooms
For white mushrooms should go to a fairly "age", old forests, where trees have been standing for many, many years. The presence of overgrown oaks, pines, birches, and linden trees in such a forest greatly increases your chances of a full basket.Especially good in this pine forest. In it carefully look around the illuminated meadows, as well as places where ferns grow. If you are only interested in white mushrooms, then you can not even look at young plantations. There you will not find them.
Here the name of the fungus speaks for itself - it is worth looking for under aspens. In the leafy groves aspen abound. However, do not neglect to look under the other trees near the aspens - the mycelium could stretch out to them, and you can easily find these mushrooms, for example, under an oak tree.
As well as aspen birds mostly prefer a certain kind of trees. In birch groves, in sunny glades, you are sure to find them. At the same time, it is better to look at higher elevations - there the legs and caps will be larger and stronger.
Chanterelles can be found in coniferous and deciduous forests. They mainly grow around moss-covered stumps. A huge plus when collecting these mushrooms is that they grow in explicit groups, and not one by one. Therefore, if you come across a glade with chanterelles, you can easily collect a whole basket.
One of the most popular mushrooms for salting.You can find them in birch forests, especially next to old, rotten birch trees and on moist soil.
Mushrooms grow in groups in shady places, both in coniferous and deciduous forests. Mostly near stumps or dilapidated trees.
Mokhoviki, like honey mushrooms, are edible and inedible, so you should be careful when collecting. The edible mohovik can grow in all types of forests, mainly in illuminated glades, as well as near anthills.
Butters do not belong to the capricious type of mushrooms - they grow everywhere and in large quantities.
Choose a place to collect mushrooms - it is very important, but this is only the first stage.
DIY Egg Shell
How to make a test
How to choose spinning
How to bake pork
How to remove the extended eyelashes
What is the tale of the goldfish